How do I become a Fitness Instructor?
Becoming a Fitness Instructor is your first step into the fitness industry. To be a qualified Fitness Instructor, you need to complete the Certificate III in Fitness.
What do you learn in a Fitness Instructor Course?
The Certificate III in Fitness course will prepare you to:
- Fitness screen and assess new clients
- Monitor a client’s fitness level and development
- Provide fitness training to a single client
- Provide fitness training to a group of clients
- Provide good advice on all forms of exercise and exercise equipment
- Administration duties of fitness centre or gym
- Undertake suitable first aid response
Topics that you are likely going to cover include:
- Basics of Exercise Science
- How to complete a Client Screening and assessment
- Principles of Good Nutrition
- Planning Exercise
- Instructing Exercise
- Exercise for Special Populations Clients
- First Aid
Qualifications in a Fitness Instructor Course
Any Fitness Instructor course should result in the student receiving a nationally accredited Certificate III in Fitness. The qualification code is Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30313).