Advanced Personal Trainer
An ACSF Diploma of Fitness allows our graduates to perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. The Diploma of Fitness has both advanced personal training and management focuses.
What do you learn in the Diploma of Fitness
Graduates will have substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate advanced exercise programs. They will be able to use principles of program design, and progressed anatomy and physiology knowledge to support the delivery of functional, effective and safe exercise programs. They will also have specialist skills to apply to fitness programming, supported by evidence. This includes being able to establish strategies for injury prevention with guidance from medical or allied health professionals.
- Advanced Personal Training
- Marketing the Sport and Recreation Organization
- Health Promotion
- Injury Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting in the Sport and Recreation Organization
- Legislation and Compliance in the Sport and Recreation Industry
For details of the Diploma of Fitness units of competency, please click here.
The management focus allows graduates to manage, mentor and support a team of fitness professionals in both business and technical skills. The qualification includes marketing and sales; business analysis; time and financial management; recruiting and retaining personal trainers.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces.
Possible job titles include:
- advanced personal trainer
- fitness services coordinator
- personal training manager
As part of the Diploma of Fitness course you will have to complete a variety of assignements like
- Written Questions
- Project Tasks
- Case Studies
- Practical Workshop
In order to study the Diploma of Fitness students have to fulfill the following requirements:
- A completed Certificate IV in Fitness
- Have at least one year of experience in the fitness industry after graduating from the Certificate IV in Fitness and applying the knowledge gained in that qualification